Wrongful Termination in Oregon
Insight from a Proven Portland Employment Attorney
Oregon is an "at-will" state. An employer may terminate an employee at any time for any reason or for no reason at all. Whatever the reason given, state law mandates that the termination must be legally valid. Individuals fired for illegal reasons may sue for wrongful termination damages.
At Mitra Law Group, our Portland employment law attorneys have more than 20 years of experience protecting the rights of individuals victimized by unscrupulous employers. If you have been wrongfully terminated, our team can be your passionate and tenacious advocate. We are committed to reclaiming your rights and receiving the justice that you deserve.
Do not hestitate to retain counsel you can trust. Contact us today!
Types of Cases We Handle
Unfortunately, many employers use the "at-will" designation to unfairly terminate employees, even if that reason is illegal. At Mitra Law Group, we work with experienced and highly skilled investigators to expose their wrongdoing make them pay. Together, we can ascertain the facts of your case and construct an effective legal strategy.
Our Portland wrongful termination lawyers can provide tactical and aggressive representation to combat many types of unjust firings, including:
- Violation of written promises: Even though Oregon is an at-will state, it is illegal to disregard written promises given to an employee.
- Implied promises: Verbal promises or assurances of employment may be regarded the same as written promises.
- Unfair actions of an employer: If an employer's actions were designed to coerce an employee into quitting, or to limit the collection of promised commissions or bonuses, they may be liable for wrongful termination.
- Violating public policy: It is illegal for an employer to punish an employee for performing civic duties such as voting, serving on a jury or in the military, or notifying authorities of a danger to public safety.
- Discrimination: Employers may not discriminate in any way, nor base a termination on gender, race, creed, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, or sexual orientation.
- Retaliation: Terminations must not be a form of punishment for reporting injuries, abuse, or other illegalities performed by the employer.
Seeking Damages for Wrongful Termination
At Mitra Law Group, we recognize that wrongful termination places a myriad of burdens on an individual. Along with immediate monetary concerns, unjust damages to their reputation may prevent future employment.
Our highly skilled and dedicated Portland employment lawyers have recovered millions of dollars in damages for those who have been treated unlawfully by their employers.
At Mitra Law Group, we work to help wrongfully terminated employees receive maximum reimbursement for claims involving:
- Loss of past and future wages
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Legal fees
Our Experienced Employment Law Lawyers Are on Your Side
If you have been wrongfully terminated, hire the knowledgeable, compassionate and experienced employment law attorneys at the Mitra Law Group to be on your side. We have helped thousands of employees get the compensation they deserve from deceitful and unjust employers.
today to schedule your free case evaluation!