Licensed Private Investigators
The work of a private investigator requires extra ordinary intelligence, training and patience. The evidence collected by a private investigator prior to filing a lawsuit can substantially increase the value of a case and help amicably resolve cases without years of protracted and costly litigation.
However, hiring outside investigators in each case can be extremely expensive and impractical. A top quality investigator could easily spend 25-50 hours on each case at a rate of $150 an hour. Our goal is to keep the ultimate costs low for our clients while still reaping the benefits of a thorough investigation done by professional investigators. That is why we have in our employ, experienced and licensed in-house investigators who will work on your case from start to finish for low hourly rates, far below the market price.
The following are some examples of routine investigations done on any given case:
- Forensic examination of employment records and other documents for discrepancies, forgeries or evidence of backdating;
- Extensive and thorough internet searches using multiple search engines;
- Searches on legal sites such as LexisNexis, Westlaw, OJIN, PACER, etc.
- Spending tireless hours reviewing various social networks such as Facebook, blogs, twitter, etc.
- Interviewing witnesses and preparing declarations from witnesses, while verifying truth and accuracy of each statement.
- Corporate and secretary of state searches, licensing and permit searches, and asset check.
- Retrieving all prior state and federal lawsuits against the employer, any prior complaints filed with the Bureau of Labor & Industries (BOLI), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), as well as any complaints filed with any relevant governmental agencies such as DMV, OSHA, Nursing Board, FTIC, FAA, worker's compensation board, etc.
- Civil and criminal background checks on all parties and witnesses.
- Skip tracing and locating critical defendants and witnesses.
- Undertaking surveillance in selected cases to obtain critical evidence for the case.
Not every law firm handling an employment case can afford to utilize the services of a licensed investigator. Many attorneys find it impractical and expensive to hire investigators to fully investigate a case and to secure witness testimonies. We at Mitra Law Group believe not doing so is more costly and detrimental to our clients and to a great outcome in every case. Why? "It's elementary, my dear Watson!"